CLUB MARINE PERTH INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW TO BE MAJOR EVENT FOR WA MARINE INDUSTRY
The Boating Industry Association of WA is announcing a major new event for the WA marine industry.
The Club Marine Perth International Boat Show will be launched in 2017 at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre and Elizabeth Quay.
The event will replace current boat shows in Western Australia, and will be a major event for the national boat show calendar. The Club Marine Perth International Boat Show will be managed by Premiere Events, as a joint venture with the BIAWA.
Premiere Events’ Managing Director Peter Woods said the Club Marine Perth International Boat Show will be a similar model to the Sydney Boat Show, utlising the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre and the new Elizabeth Quay.
“The two sites are ideal for an event such as this. The inner city location means easy access for transport and infrastructure, and there is no better choice than being right on the stunning Swan River,” Peter said.
“Undercover exhibits will be within the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, Western Australia’s premier dedicated convention and exhibition facility.”
“From the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, a short walk down the escalators will lead to the on- water displays within Elizabeth Quay.
“Elizabeth Quay, Perth’s newest public space, is a $2.6 billion project that has made a major contribution to Perth’s transformation. Located on the banks of the iconic Swan River, Elizabeth Quay is just a block away from Perth’s central business district.”
“The central location and the opportunity to present an event of international quality will attract new audiences to the Boat Show; as well as offer a fresh approach for the industry.”
“By using Elizabeth Quay, it means the Show can offer so many on-water demonstration opportunities. Already we have talked about a sailing regatta, and several exhibitors are planning new boat demos, plus sailing activities for kids,” Peter said.
BIAWA Chairman Mike Beanland said industry feedback over the past few years has focussed on the need to create an event in a location that suited current exhibitors, and allowed room for growth.
“The Club Marine Perth International Boat Show will be the major boating event for Western Australia,” Mike said.
“Until now we have had several boat shows in regional and metropolitan WA. The vision for the Club Marine Perth International Boat Show was to create one major boat show for Western Australia that was of international standard and reflected the prosperous and diverse marine industry we have in WA.”
“The Club Marine Perth International Boat Show will raise the profile of the Western Australian marine industry and will be presented to a national and international market,” he said.
The Club Marine Perth International Boat Show has support from the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority, Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, City of Perth and the WA Department of Tourism.
The Club Marine Perth International Boat Show will be a four-day event held over a long weekend, from Friday 22nd September to Monday 25th September 2017.
Club Marine Perth International Boat Show Facts
The Club Marine Perth International Boat Show will be a four-day event and will combine a Trade Show with entertainment and related activities.
The Trade Show will be in two locations:
Indoor Displays will feature:
- Trailerboats from all major brands and manufacturers from across Australia
- Marine electronics including navigation and communications
- Safety equipment
- Aquatic recreation equipment
- Displays from government agencies
- Travel and tourism information
- Insurance and finance
- Fishing and outdoor related products On-Water Displays
- Boats under 15m within the Quay
- Big Boats (over 15m) outside the Quay
- Covered walkways and pontoons
- On water boat demos and trials The event will attract visitors by offering entertainment and activities such as:
- Boat trials and demonstrations
- “How to” demonstrations on a variety of topics
- Celebrity entertainers and special guests
- Stage shows
- On-water entertainment
- Activities for children and families
- Fishing demonstrations
- Seafood cooking demonstrations
- Sailing and boating demonstrations and rides
- Prizes and giveaways The Club Marine Perth International Boat Show is an initiative of the Boating Industry of Western Australia. The Show is managed by Premiere Events and sponsored by Club Marine Insurance.
The Show is supported by the City of Perth, Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, and the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority.